The Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) was established in 1978 as a non-profit organization to support equestrian sport and recreational activities within the province of Alberta.
AEF programs and services cover a wide range of equestrian activities for beginners to experts in a multitude of disciplines. Services range from the provision of reasonable cost insurance for all members to services in the areas of recreation, sport, education, breeds and industry. The federation provides provincial support and administration for the National English, Western, and Driving Coach Certification Programs and the English and Western Rider Development programs. It established and supports the Wild Rose competitions program across the province. It is dedicated to the well-being of equines.
We are the only equestrian body recognized by Alberta Sport Connection (formerly known as Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation), thereby providing us with a voice within the Alberta Government.
The voice of equine Alberta
The premier source for education, information and support for the entire equine community
To assist in creating a positive environment for the enjoyment of equines. Through leadership and a proactive approach we promote, facilitate, and coordinate equestrian related activities in Alberta.
The AEF values underlie how the federation will fulfill its mission as it works toward its vision. The following values influence the decisions the AEF makes and the actions it takes:
- We will take a leadership role in the areas of Equine Sport, Recreation, Breeds & Industry, Education, Promotion & Publicity
- We will be a voice for all equines in the province
- All undertakings will be done through partnerships, cooperation, and collaboration
- The programs and services we provide will demonstrate excellence in continued education, impartial sport, recreation, active living and advocacy
- This will be accomplished by setting measurable, achievable goals and monitoring effectiveness in all programs and services
- To ensure efficient and effective use of all resources, we will assume accountability and fiscal responsibility
- We will be innovative, creative and flexible in our approaches to work and partnerships
- We will maintain a strong viable organization
Visit our website: albertaequestrian.com